We’re thrilled to announce the return of the Great Big Crunch this March! The
Canada-wide movement brings together students, teachers, parents and others
passionate about food to crunch into apples and other crunchy fruits and
veggies to make noise for healthy school food!
Here’s how you can participate in the 2022 Great Big Crunch:
· Register your Crunch: Whether you are crunching by
yourself, with friends, with your class, or with colleagues, we want to keep
track of your crunches. Make sure you register them here,
and that you send us pictures and videos
· Use our activity toolkit: Celebrate healthy school food using our Great Big Crunch activity toolkit! You'll find fun curriculum-linked activities to bring the Crunch to life for children of all ages. You can even congratulate them for participating by printing a certificate of participation.
· Crunch with your whole school/school
and organizations have been hosting their own Great Big Crunches for many
· Join our virtual Canada-wide crunch: Register for the Canada-wide Great Big Crunch that will take place on Thursday, March 10 at 1 - 1:30 pm EST! Together, we will make some noise for a healthy school food program across Canada. Kid-friendly activities start at 1:15 pm and the Crunch will take place at 1:25 pm.
· Share your crunches on social media! We created a Communication toolkit with countless resources - template social media posts, graphics, Twibbons, invitations for school, and more. Download it here and use it to your liking!
For any questions, feel free to
contact me at email@example.com.
We hope you join us to celebrate #HealthySchoolFood!
Janelle Hatch, MHSc,
RD | Healthy Schools Coordinator