The Neurodiversity Family Centre in Victoria BC wishes to share more information about workshops/presentations they have created that are geared towards PAC members.
From the NFC's Intake Coordinator:
The Neurodiversity Family Centre is an Neurodiversity (ND) affirming centre where we don't see ND as the problem but instead a roadmap for support. We focus on a family centered approach where the health and wellness of the whole family is the goal whether the primary client is the youth or caregiver(s).
Our presentations would be facilitated by Zoom for 1-1.5 hours and we are happy to present to more than one PAC at a time so you can pool your funds!
We have several workshops that we have already facilitated for local PACs and are currently working on more, some topics we cover are:
- Self & Co-Regulation Tools for parents to help their children regulate
- Introduction to Gender and Sexuality and how to support LGBTQ2S+ youth
- Parental Overwhelm and how to address it
- Helping your child navigate peer relationships (New relationships, ending relationships, making friends, peer-pressure, etc.)
- Helping your child manage Stress & Anxiety
I am happy to send you our newsletter with specifics on our current offerings. Additionally we are open to learning more about what PACs would be most interested in hearing about.
Our facilitators are Registered Clinical Counsellors, Registered Social Workers and some of us are certified teachers and school counselors too.
Please let us know if you have any questions,
The Neurodiversity Family Centre
#300 - 1627 Fort St
1 (778) 906-8626