Dear PACs and Parents,
I hope school start-up is going well in your schools and homes.
Following up on our first COPACS meeting on September 15th:
- We will place materials presented in the meeting here
- Calendar of COPACS and SD meetings will be posted on the main COPACS website (see Upcoming Events window on left-hand side).
- Save the date for a possible All-candidates debate on Oct 4th for candidates for School Trustee.
- There will be discussions about how to distribute the Student and Family Affordability Funds at each school in the coming weeks and we would love to share ideas of how schools are distributing funds. As discussed at the COPACS meeting, consider discussing with your School's administration whether these funds could affect school fees payment schedule since school fees can be covered by this funding.
- We are seeking interested parents for COPACS committees (Parenting resources, Climate action, Nominations and Constitution & Bylaw committees) and as representatives on SD63 committees (New Nature Based Early Learning Centre Naming Committee & Transportation Review Committee) - please circulate the opportunity to your parents and ask them to contact COPACSSD63@gmail.com to express their interest [attached]
- Thank you to all outgoing Exec and Members and welcome to all the new parents around the table!