COPACS News

COPACS AGM Meeting Minutes

Picture of Copacs Executive
COPACS AGM Meeting Minutes
by Copacs Executive - Tuesday, 9 August 2022, 11:11 PM

Happy Summer Parents, Students and SD#63 Enthusiasts,

I am pleased to attach the meeting minutes from the COPACS AGM that was held in late June. 

https://copacs.sd63.bc.ca/mod/resource/view.php?id=247

We had fantastic attendance at the meeting. We heard a very inspiring presentation by Superintendent Dave Eberwein and received an update from Trustee Sheila Stelck and Secretary Treasurer Jason Reid. Both articulated their appreciation for COPACS volunteers.  

We also heard an entertaining presentation by our Constitution Committee who prepared amendments to the governing document for the Confederation of Parent Advisory Councils of Saanich (COPACS), our Constitution and Bylaws. The revised Constitution and Bylaws were endorsed at the meeting and you can review them via the link near the bottom of the minutes. Check out the SD#63 trivia and superheroes in the powerpoint!

Also, we voted in a slate of new Executive Members (with our treasurer staying on for one more year) who will lead COPACS in the coming school year. We are so appreciative of their volunteerism to maintain COPACS' strong voice in support of public education.

This will be the last email blast that I will send in my capacity as Recording Secretary of COPACS and I would like to thank all of the parents for your interest and support in the previous school year, other Executive members, and the staff and trustees of SD#63.

Andrew Pape-Salmon
Cordova Bay Elementary